Shades of red, white, grey, black, and brown horse hair were meticulously braided into a 4-strand necklace and adorned with an aromatherapy pendant with a firefly. The horsehair braid measures 21″ and has a lobster style clasp. The aromatherapy pendant is made from a zinc alloy and hangs 2″ making the entire necklace measure 23″ from clasp to the bottom of the pendant.
The aromatherapy pendant has a magnetic opening and comes with 2 blue felt absorbent pad. Essential oils, perfume, or other scents can be placed onto the felt pad inside the pendant and smelled throughout the day.
What size necklace do you want?
- 15-16 inches ~ Choker = Lies loosely around the neck
- 18 inches ~ Princess = Hangs at the collarbone
- 20 inches ~ Matinee = Reaches just past the collarbone
- 22-24 inches ~ Long Matinee = Hangs at bust
Caring for your horse hair jewelry
Horse hair is a natural fiber that is fragile but durable if taken care of.
- Store in a cool, dry place like a satin jewelry pouch when you aren’t wearing it.
- Keep the horse hair from snagging by wearing it by itself snugly against your wrist.
- Try not to regularly soak your braided horse hair jewelry as this can weaken the sealant, mildew the braid, or even tarnish the hardware.
If your braid gets wet, allow it to dry naturally. If it snags and a hair strand is broken, use nail clippers to carefully snip the broken hair close to the braid.
The hardware may tarnish. It’s a natural occurrence that happens over time due to air and water exposure.
Please be cautious with any chemicals near the horsehair as it may damage it.